For a list of stats for each sword, see Sword Stat List.
Each sword has base stats for both their base form and Toku upgrade. Stats can be further raised through refining them and completing Internal Affairs, up to a maximum cap specified in parentheses on each sword's individual page.
Note that battle performance is not based on a sword's stats alone. The level also serves as a addend to their attack, defense, mobility, etc. For instance, a Lv50 Tantou will perform better in combat than a Lv10 Ootachi, even though the Ootachi's listed stats are much higher than the Tantou's.
- Survival (生存) - This is their HP. Can only be increased with Internal Affairs.
- Impact (打撃) - This is their basic attack power. Can be increased with Refinery or Internal Affairs.
- Leadership (統率) - This is their basic defense. The higher it is, the harder it is for enemies to take out the troops your sword has with him. Can be increased with Refinery or Internal Affairs.
- Mobility (機動) - This is their level of agility. The higher it is, the higher priority your sword will have in the order of attack. Can be increased with Refinery or Internal Affairs.
- Impulse (衝力) - The higher this stat is, the higher the chance of scoring critical hits. Can be increased with Refinery or Internal Affairs.
- Range (範囲) - The attack range of the sword. Most of them are short-ranged (狭), meaning they can only hit one enemy at a time. Ootachi have a wide (広) range, allowing them to hit multiple opponents at once. Yari have a vertical (縦) range, allowing them pierce through enemy troops, while Naginata have a horizontal (横) range, allowing them to hit the entire enemy team in one strike.
- Killing Blow (必殺) - The higher it is, the more chance that your sword can trigger an Awakening (真剣必殺) and double attack(二刀開眼).
- Scouting (偵察) - This is the sword’s ability to scout the enemies' formation before battle. A higher scouting chance gives the sword a higher chance of discovering the enemy formation. Can only be increased with Internal Affairs.
- Camouflage (隠蔽) - The higher your Camouflage stat, the harder it is for other players to scout out your battle formation during PvP.
When you go out on a sortie/expedition/PVP, your team's total stats will be showed in a little bar graph in this order, plus another stat:
- Troop strength (兵力) - The total HP of all your combined equipped troops.
Scouting and Battle FormationsEdit
When you begin a sortie, your leader will scout for the enemies's troops. His success is dependent on how high the team's Scouting is overall. If the leader succeeds in his scouting phase, the game will indicate the enemy's battle formation, and which formations will be advantageous (有利) or disadvantageous (不利).
Advantageous (有利): The formation with this frame will increase Leadership, in addition to the bonuses and losses granted by the pattern chosen.
Disadvantageous( 不利): The formation with this frame will decrease Leadership, in addition to the bonuses and losses granted by the pattern chosen.
If the scouting is unsuccessful, the game will notify you in purple text, and you will be allowed to choose one of the six formations, but with no knowledge of what is advantageous or disadvantageous.
|Fish Scale (魚鱗陣)||Horizontal (横隊陣)||Echelon (雁行陣)|
|Increases impact and impulse, decreases leadership powers. Weak against reversed. Strong against crane wings.||Increases leadership power and killing blow, decreases impulse. Weak against crane wings. Strong against square.||Increases mobility and impulse, decreases leadership powers and killing blow. Weak against square. Strong against reversed.|
|Crane Wings (鶴翼陣)||Square (方陣)||Reversed (逆行陣)|
|Increases impact, decreases leadership power and mobility. Weak against fish scale. Strong against horizontal.||Increases leadership power, decreases mobility and impact. Weak against horizontal. Strong against echelon.||Increases mobility, decreases leadership powers. Weak against echelon. Strong against fish scale.|
Long-Range Attack Phase (遠戦)Edit
If either team has swords equipped with long-range attack troops (Archers, Catapult Soldiers, or Musketeers), the battle will begin with the Long-Range Attack phase. These troops will always attack in the same order:
Archers → Musketeers → Catapult Soldiers
Starting from Map 3-1 onwards, enemy teams will always have at least one type of long-range attack troop equipped.
Battle Phase (白刃戦)Edit
From here, each sword has two turns to attack. The order in which swords and enemies will attack is determined by their Mobility (機動) stat. The sword with the highest mobility will attack first, and the battle will proceed from there. Occasionally, your sword may land a critical hit (会心の一撃), which does bonus damage and pushes the enemy formation backwards.
After two turns, if there are still viable party members, the victor is determined by the amount of damage dealt to each party member and their troops. The battle also automatically ends if either side loses all party members, or if the team is pushed all the way back to the far sides of the screen.
Shinken Hissatsu (真剣必殺)Edit
When your sword becomes moderately or severely damaged, it has a chance to enter an Awakened state (真剣必殺), which is signalled by a cut-in screen with a unique CG sprite. Afterwards, your sword gets an extra attack round, and will always deal critical hits.
- The probability of entering an Awakened state is governed by the sword's Killing Blow (必殺) stat.
An Awakened sword will gain an extra attack round as counterattack, and always launch this counterattack towards the enemy that triggered the awakening. Naginatas and Ootachis that awaken will ignore their usual extended ranges and will only attack the one enemy that triggered their awakening during this counterattack. After the battle, the awakening CG sprite will be saved to your Sword Library.
Awakened state will only last for the duration of the battle, and does not carry over to subsequent battles (unless triggered again). More than one sword can trigger Awakening within the same battle.
Chain of Shinken HissatsuEdit
Once a sword enters his Awakened state, other moderately or severely damaged swords have a chance to trigger the Shinken Hissatsu too. It's possible to have multiple chained awakening triggered at one time.
- Max number of the chained awakened sword is 5 (1 original triggered + 5 chained triggered)
Double Attack (二刀開眼)Edit
First, the Wakizashi attacks to peel off the enemy's troops. Then, the Uchigatana follows-up with an attack to the now defenseless enemy. It is a powerful attack whose effectiveness increases the higher the enemy's Leadership status.
The probability of activating Double Attack is determined by the swords' Killing Blow stat. Unlike Shinken Hissatsu, the swords do not need to sustain damage to trigger Double Attack.
When entering the battle, if your team is pushed all the way back to the far left edge of the screen and both team captains are still able to battle, the game may initiate a 1-on-1 duel (一騎打ち). There will be a cut-in screen, followed by your leader and the enemy leader attacking each other. If you win the duel, you will win the entire battle, regardless of the remaining total HP of your team, and earn a special Rank S duel ranking.
Special Battlefield ConditionsEdit
By default, all battles take place under clear, daytime conditions in an open battlefield. Occasionally, in certain Worlds and Battlefields, there may exist special battlefield conditions that will influence the flow of the battle. Changes can include making some sword types advantageous or disadvantageous for battles, disabling the effects of Horses, or reducing the ranges of Ootachis and Naginatas.
Night Battles (夜戦)Edit
All battlefields in Memory of Ikedaya except the boss node of [Ikedaya Inn 1F 3rd Map] take place at night. Night battles proceed just like normal battles, except Tachis, Ootachis, Yaris, and Naginatas will suffer from a significant stats disadvantage, while Tantous and Wakizashis will be at an advantage. Additionally, all player and enemy swords have the chance to evade Musketeer, Catapult, and Archer attacks during the long-range attack phase, making it possible to achieve Rank S in this map.
It is highly advised to bring Tantous, Wakizashis, or Uchigatanas that are at least Level 40 to Memory of Ikedaya, because the stats modifications are significant enough that even Level 99 swords that are at a disadvantage in night battles will struggle to deal damage, and be more susceptible to taking damage. Tantous gain an even greater stat boost than Wakizashis, but their low Survival can be a problem, as enemy Yaris always do a fixed amount of damage (7-9HP). Meanwhile, Wakizashis and Uchigatanas both have higher Survival and more troop slots, but do not perform as well in battle as Tantous do.
Urban Battles (市街戦)Edit
The battles in Memory of Ikedaya: Kyoto (Within the City) and Sanjou Oohashi are also considered "urban battles." In narrow, urban areas, the status boosts gained from equipping Horses is disabled. Note that swords may still equip horses, but the bonuses will not take effect during urban battles.
Light and Heavy Cavalry soldiers will function normally.
Indoor Battles (屋内戦)Edit
The battles in Memory of Ikedaya: Ikedaya Inn 2F and every node except the boss node of Memory of Ikedaya: Ikedaya Inn 1F 3rd Map take place indoors. Because the battles are set within a narrow, indoor space, the status boost from equipping Horses is disabled. Just like urban battles, swords may still equip horses, but the bonuses will not take effect during indoor battles.
Light and Heavy Cavalry soldiers will function normally.
Because of their large sizes, Ootachis and Naginatas cannot maneuver well indoors and have their effective ranges reduced to 1 (e.g. they may only attack one enemy at a time).
Castle Battles (城内戦)Edit
Certain nodes in the various routes of Memory of Enkyou: Edo (Within Edo Castle) take place within the castle. Due to being restricted by the high, sturdy castle walls, the status boost from equipping Horses is disabled. Just like in urban and indoor battles, swords may still equip horses, but the bonuses will not take effect during indoor battles.
Light and Heavy Cavalry soldiers will function normally.
Because of their large sizes, Ootachis and Naginatas cannot maneuver well within the castle and have their effective ranges reduced to 1 (e.g. they may only attack one enemy at a time).
Rain Battles (雨戦)Edit
The battles in Memory of Enkyou: Edo (Shirokanedai) are urban battles that also occur in heavy rain. Due to the rain, Musketeers can be equipped, but will not attack during the long-range attack phase. Catapults and Archers will function normally.
Swords will break if they hit 0HP, removing them from your team and destroying them permanently. However, another of the same sword can still be re-obtained through drops and smithing. Incidentally, swords cannot be broken in PvP, only on the Front Lines.
Swords can only break if they enter a node while in severe damage (indicated by the red 重傷 stamp). Fatigue does not impact swords breaking, nor will swords break if they enter the node while only in moderate damage. This includes if they enter Awakening during the battle.
If a sword is at moderate damage or above, receiving what would otherwise be a fatal amount of damage will instead simply send them to 1HP and push the sword to the back, where they cannot be attacked by enemies for the remainder of the battle. However, should you continue onto the next battle node, the sword will be again at the front lines and will break if it sustains fatal damage.
Omamori can prevent swords from breaking in a single battle. If a sword equipped with an omamori is broken in battle, the omamori will be consumed to immediately revive the sword with 1HP (Omamori) or max HP (Omamori Kyoku). A sword already broken and revived in battle with an omamori will not be destroyed again in the same battle, even if it is attacked again.
- Victory Rank S: All enemy team members and their troops are destroyed, and your party takes no damage.
- Before, because of the long-range attack phase, it’s impossible to get this rank from Maps 3-1 to 5-4. But since the introduction of kiwame swords who can evade long-range attacks even in day battle, it is now possible to gain Rank S victory at all maps.
- Duel Victory Rank S: Win the one-on-one duel (一騎打ち).
- Victory Rank A: All enemy team members destroyed. At most, only one of your swords is destroyed.
- Victory Rank B: At least half of the enemy’s team destroyed. At most, only two of your swords is destroyed.
- Victory Rank C: This ranking is awarded if less than three swords on your team is destroyed or if the total damage dealt to the enemy team is higher than the total damage the enemy dealt to you when half of the enemy's team is destroyed.
- Defeat: Your entire team was destroyed, or pushed back to the far left edge of the screen (with no 1-on-1 duel initiated), or you lose a one-on-one duel, or the enemy’s total health is higher than your party’s remaining health, or total damage dealt by the enemy was higher than the damage dealt to them.
Experience Points Edit
For more information about experience points, see Experience.
The player and the swords receive experience points, with bonuses being awarded for achieving MVP status, for being the leader, and for achieving specific rankings.
Experience gained is calculated by:
Base EXP * [(Captain bonus) * (MVP bonus) * (Ranking bonus)]
|Type of Bonus||EXP Multiplier|
|Captain of the party||x1.5|
|Rank S and A||x1.2|
|Rank B and C||x1.0|
|Game News||Recent Updates • Campaigns • Events • Server Status|
|Character List||Characters • List by Types • List by Stats || Sword Crests • Drop List || Official Artists • Official Voice Actors || Konnosuke • Kuronosuke|
|Citadel||Front Lines • Expeditions • PvP || Equipment • Horses • Omamori || Smithing • Armory • Repairs • Refinery • Ranbu Level • Internal Affairs || Missions || Battle Records • Sword Library • Recollections • Recordings || Shop • Backgrounds • Game Music • Koban|
|Tutorials||How to Register • Proxy Connection & Troubleshooting • FAQ • How to Play • Glossary • Items|
|Game Mechanism||Combat Mechanism • Experience • Upgrades • Fatigue || Enemies • Kebiishi|
|Media||Touken Ranbu Pocket Mobile App || Musical • Stage Play • Movie • Anime Series • Okkii Konnosuke no Touken Sanpo || Merchandise|
|Community||Rules and Policies • Contributing • Suggestion • Wiki Poll Results || Wiki Staff • Wiki Forum • Discord Chat|